Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can corn, drained
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Juice of 1 lime
- Fresh cilantro, chopped, for garnish
- Rinse the quinoa and place it in a medium-sized pot with the vegetable broth. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and let it simmer for 15 minutes.
- While the quinoa is cooking, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté until the onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the red bell pepper to the skillet and sauté for another 3 minutes.
- Add the black beans, corn, cumin, chili powder, salt, and pepper to the skillet and stir to combine. Let it cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Once the quinoa is done cooking, add it to the skillet with the bean and corn mixture. Stir to combine.
- Add the lime juice to the skillet and stir to combine.
- Serve hot, garnished with fresh cilantro.
Calories: 280 | Total Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 759mg | Total Carbohydrates: 49g | Dietary Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 5g | Protein: 10g
Until Next Time
Dominus Owen Markham