These enchiladas are stuffed with a flavorful mixture of roasted sweet potatoes, black beans, and spices, then smothered in a homemade enchilada sauce and baked to perfection. The dish is served with a side of fluffy cilantro lime rice, which adds a burst of freshness and tanginess to the meal. It's a healthy, satisfying, and delicious dinner that's perfect for vegetarians and meat-eaters alike.
4 Servings 18 ingredients
2 large sweet potato peeled and diced
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
0.5 teaspoon smoked paprika
0.5 teaspoon garlic powder
0.25 teaspoon salt
1 can black bean drained and rinsed
0.5 cup fresh cilantro chopped
0.25 cup red onion chopped
8 whole corn tortilla
2 cup enchilada sauce
1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
1 lime lime juiced
2 cup white rice cooked
0.25 cup fresh cilantro chopped
1 lime lime juiced
to taste salt and pepper
9 steps Ready in about 75 minutes
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, toss the diced sweet potatoes with olive oil, chili powder, cumin, smoked paprika, garlic powder, and salt. Spread the sweet potatoes in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet and roast for 20-25 minutes, or until tender and lightly browned.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together the black beans, cilantro, red onion, and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Reduce the oven temperature to 375°F. Spread a thin layer of enchilada sauce on the bottom of a 9×13-inch baking dish.
5. Warm the tortillas in the microwave or on a griddle until pliable. Spoon some of the sweet potato mixture and black bean mixture down the center of each tortilla. Roll up the tortillas tightly and place them seam-side down in the baking dish.
6. Pour the remaining enchilada sauce over the top of the rolled tortillas. Sprinkle the shredded cheddar cheese over the top.
7. Cover the baking dish with foil and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
8. While the enchiladas are baking, prepare the cilantro lime rice. In a large bowl, mix together the cooked white rice, cilantro, and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
9. Serve the enchiladas hot with a side of cilantro lime rice.
One thought on “Sweet Potato and Black Bean Enchiladas with Cilantro Lime Rice Recipe”
[…] Source: https://plentyus.com/sweet-potato-and-black-bean-enchiladas-with-cilantro-lime-rice-recipe/ […]