Zucchini, fresh basil and cheese are the ideal combination, providing a rich flavor and joy. Try this Zucchini bake it is the best meal to serve when your friends come over. It is super-delicious and healthy. Remember, low-fat cheese is the real deal.
- 2 medium-sized zucchini, cut into slices or half-moon slices
- fresh basil, chopped, depending on how much you like its flavor
- 2 tbsp green onion, sliced
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 3/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup + 1/2 cup low-fat white cheese (Pizza cheese is a good option, as it is a blend of Mozzarella, Provolone, Romano, and Parmesan)
- 1/2 Parmesan, coarsely grated, use less if you use finely grated Parmesan
- salt and black pepper to taste
Preheat your oven to 350F/180C. Take an 8 x 8 baking dish, and drizzle some olive oil or you can also use a non-stick spray. Wash the zucchini well, and cut it into slices, or half-moon slices if you prefer. Wash and dry the basil you can spin dry it or use a paper towel. Chop it finely, and slice the green onions.
Mix the zucchini slices, chopped basil, sliced green onions, dried thyme, garlic powder and both kinds of cheese. Stir everything together until every slice is coated with cheese and herbs. Add salt and fresh ground pepper to taste. Put the mixture in your baking dish and bake uncovered for 25-30 minutes.
When the zucchini slices are nearly cooked through, take the baking dish out of the oven, and sprinkle the remaining half cup of grated cheese. Put the casserole dish back in your oven and bake for another 10-15 minutes, or until the cheese melts and browns nicely, and the zucchini slices are fully cooked. Serve it warm.
Keep your Zucchini bake in the fridge overnight, and we bet that it will be gone the very next day.
(Obtained permission from the content owner)
2 medium-sized zucchini, cut into slices…
Commit to be Fit