Blueberries are excellent source of vitamin C which is essential for the creation of collagen and maintaining healthy gums and capillaries. Vitamin C is crucial for the absorption of iron and maintaining a healthy and strong immune system .
We have to mention that blueberries are great source of vitamin E, vitamin A and vitamin K. Contain a good amount of manganese which plays an important role in the bone development, protein and carbohydrate metabolism .
One cup (150 grams) of blueberries contains only 84 calories and thus they are healthy to our body and are excellent food for weight loss.
Among all fruits blueberries are the richest source of antioxidants, substances that may protect your cells against the effects of free radicals, slowing the process of aging (Alzheimers disease) and damaging cells.
The phytonutrients in blueberries beside for their antioxidant power, they are also known for their strong anti-inflammatory activity. Because of the phytonutrients, blueberries have characteristic dark color.
Health Benefits of Blueberries
Handful of blueberries instead pills ! Blueberries are real source of health.
Here are some of the amazing health benefits of blueberries:
- Keep your cholesterol under control and contribute to heart health.
- A diet rich in blueberries significantly improve mental capacity for learning, strengthens motor skills and protects the brain from stress.
- Blueberries are natural medicine for prevention and elimination the infections of urinary tract. The components contained in blueberries (the same in cranberries) clean the urethra and bladder and neutralize Escherichia colli bacteria, that is a common cause of urinary infections in women.
- Recommended for diarrhea and constipation.
- This fruit has been shown as highly effective in preventing the occurrence of ovarian cancer and in many cases the efficiency was 40 % protection.
- Because of all these healing properties, blueberry is in the list of the top 10 superfoods for women.
We have to mention that blueberries are great source of vitamin…
firstname.lastname@example.orgAdministratorHealthy Food House